Thanks to all those who attended and presented at the last NZEIPS national training forum in Christchurch last November. We had a great turn-out, with over 120 attendees and speakers from many different parts of the country, and even from overseas. The conference was a great couple of days to connect with other people across NZ with an interest in Early Intervention, and to get updated on some of the latest evidence-based practices including working with BPD and psychosis, suicide prevention, cognition and functional recovery, and psychological understandings of psychosis. We also had streams focusing on promoting physical health, working with families, and cultural approaches to Early Intervention. In addition, we had a number of great presentations promoting the value of peer support initiatives and creative approaches. Those of you who came would have also had the pleasure of attending the "Resilience, Rebuilding and Growth" art exhibition in conjunction with Ōtautahi Creative Spaces, and featuring some incredible art work from some young people who have experienced psychosis.
We are already in the early stages of planning the next training forum, which will be held in the Auckland area in 2019. Updates will be given on the NZEIPS website and through the Loomio forum in due course.
For more information click here for the mail-out which contains some information about previous and upcoming activities by the NZEIPS, including:
1. Feedback on the last Early Intervention in Psychosis training forum, held in Christchurch in November 2017
2. Information about the Talking Minds psychosis information website. click here
3. Link to the Loomio Forum to stay connected with members of the NZEIPS and others interested in Early Intervention in Psychosis
4. Call for nominations to join the Executive Committee of the NZEIPS click here
5. Notice for the NZEIPS AGM (Annual General Meeting)